Running behind a one year old all day while caring for the home means I don’t have a whole lot of time for hair. I need a quick natural hair style that’s cute but will get me back to mommying fast.
I’m excited to finally be able to share this super simple and quick natural hair style with you that’ll have you out the door in minutes. This is one of those styles that looks like it took forever when, really, it’s done in just a few short steps. I was surprised at how many compliments I received on it both on Instagram and while I was out and about!
Here’s the great thing about this do:
Everyone may not be able to braid but most, if not all, of us can at least twist. Once you can do that, there’s no limit to how many looks you can come up with just by using different sized twists and playing around with the placement.
This style, as most of mine do, really just came to me on the fly! Here’s how it’s done:
- Start with stretched hair. I blew mine out (with this hair dryer on medium heat, as always) but you can use whatever stretching method you like if you’d prefer not to use heat.
- Create a U-part in the front of your head. I just used my fingers but if you’d rather have a perfect part, be my guest! 😉
- Split the front portion in half and LOOSELY twist each section with the twists getting tighter at the ends.
- Grab a bobby pin and secure one twist at a time to one side. Tuck the end of the second twist under the first to hide it. Fluff as you like to make your pompadour as poofy or high as you want.
- Get your scarf and wrap around your head to create a “headband” behind your pompadour.
- Divide the rest of the hair in back into two parts and loosely twist the same way you did the front. Tuck the ends under the scarf and you’re all done.
If you’re more of a visual learner, here you go!
Easy, breezy, no?!
What I didn’t show in the video is that I added just a little edge control to make the look more polished. But, that’s it!
Whether you’re a mom or not, a quick natural hair style to help save some time is always welcome, am I right?
So what do you think of this look? Do you have a quick go-to style that you turn to when you’re pressed for time? Let’s hear about it below!