Want Texture on the Runway Hair? I’ve got the details on two of the styles that caught our attention at this unique showcase of curls, coils and waves!
In Cantu Shea Butter’s portion of the show, each model who walked down the runway represented a different type of woman and the different roles we play. Vlogger and licensed cosmetologist Maria Antoinette executed two very different hairdos for two different lifestyles and here, she shares how you can easily achieve Texture on the Runway hair at home.
“When you want your hair to be your biggest and best accessory, this super defined afro will do just that and more!” Cantu stylist, Maria Antoinette
- Starting with clean hair, apply Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream
- Section off a horizontal part of hair in the nape and apply Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream and Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Moisturizing Twist & Lock Gel
- Brush through to evenly distribute the product
- Next, taking a medium sized section of hair and two strand twist the hair down to the ends
- Roll the ends on to perm rods to create a curl
- Repeat until all of the hair is twisted and rolled on perm rods
- Once hair is completely dry, remove all perm rods and twists
- Finally, separate each twist until desired fullness
“The perfect style to create on an old twist out or to prolong shampoo day!” Cantu stylist, Maria Antoinette
- Hydrate hair with Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream and Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Comeback Curl Next Day Curl Revitalizer
- Detangle and brush all hair into a top knot
- Apply Cantu Shea Butter Extra Hold Edge Stay Gel on the full perimeter of the hairline
- Use a bristle brush to evenly distribute through the hair and secure with a pony tail holder
- Take Marley hair and Kanekalon braiding hair, twist the two hair textures into a loose two strand twist and secure each end with an elastic band
- Starting in the middle of the twisted extensions, secure around the top knot with bobby pins
- Pin the twisted extensions into place, to best compliment the face shape
So, which woman do you most identify with? How have YOU adjusted your hair styling practices to fit your lifestyle? Let’s chat below!
*Fashion by suakoko betty; Images provide by Creative Media Marketing