Spring has officially been here for all of three weeks but, here in NYC, it’s only now starting to feel like it. Boots, coats and heavy fabrics are slowly but surely being replaced by flats, light blazers and tulle.
Here’s a little guide to getting the best out of this season’s offerings. I gave myself a nice Spring-inspired color palette to work with and was able to find some cute items to share…H M floral shirt/ Overall / Dorothy Perkins clothing / Gap loafer / Handbag / Forever 21 short chain necklace / Topshop cat eye sunglasses / Duck, Duck, Umbrella in Yellow
1. What’s Spring without florals? Gotta have ’em! Whether in the form of a versatile button-down or a fun maxi dress, grab something in a floral pattern to brighten up the day.
2. Statement necklaces are fab for any time of the year. As the temps warm up, though, why not add some soft pastels to your collection? The great thing about rockin’ your statement piece now is that you don’t have to hide it under a big, bulky coat! 😉
3. With Spring, we trade snow for rain… a deal I’d make any day! LOL! Keep your blow-outs and twist-outs in check with a sturdy, reliable umbrella. How cute is this one from ModCloth?!
4. The days are brighter and longer! Protect those peepers with some functional yet fashionable sunnies. While I love this cat eye option from Topshop, I’d probably head over to Forever 21 for a budget-friendly alternative like these.
5. MAXI SKIRTS!! I just can’t get enough of them! You can wear them anywhere with just about anything. A true staple. Dress it down with a chambray button-up & some Chucks or get a little fancy with a wedge heeled peep-toe and a crisp white oxford shirt.
6. A generously sized bucket bag for all your essentials (and not-so-essential) is great for hittin up those farmers markets that are starting to pop up or a trip to the mall. Try a somewhat neutral color for ease when matching up with different ensembles.
7. Distressed denim is hot this season as are overalls & jumpers and I found the best of both worlds with this pair from Delia’s. I haven’t worn overalls since junior high school but I’d happily hop into a pair if they’re as cute as these!
8. Who’s over putting on heavy socks and zipping up boots every day?! *raises hand* Once March rolls around, I anxiously stalk the weather reports and await the appropriate day to wear my cute flats. Get dressed, slip ’em on and go!
So, what are some of YOUR Springtime fashion essentials? Have you already begun to pack up that winter clothing? Share below!